For some death is the ultimate reality and that there is nothing beyond it. But the majority of the people think otherwise. Death might not be the end rather it's the new beginning, the new phase, and the new chapter of a new life. Buddhists believe that death is a significant transition from this life to the next and that the dying person can affect their future birth. Family and friends focus on helping the dying person establish a positive mindset before, during, and after death to ensure a positive reincarnation. The Buddhists also see Death as the beginning of a new life following Karma that inspires them to be personally responsible for the things they do and that it perhaps leads to reincarnation.
About Buddhist funeral services
Every religion has its way of dealing with the conclusion of life Talking about death rituals, Buddhist Funeral Service rituals are diverse and vary from sect to sect and there aren't many similarities in funeral services or rituals among all Buddhists. From final preparation of the body to the final viewing, chanting prayers at the wake to appropriate dressing, Singapore Funeral Services Company is considered the most reliable and reasonable company in town.
According to the Mahayana School of thought, when a person dies, the body is cremated followed by an address of a Monk around the body. This act is perceived as giving directions to the dead for the enlightenment of the soul as well as for instructions for a good rebirth known as reincarnation. The funeral usually takes place after a few days to allow the first stage of rebirth to occur.
Talking about the diversity in rituals within the same sects, some Mahayana Buddhists believes in sky burials. For such ceremonies, the deceased was wrapped into a white cloth and later brought to a designated mountainside platform. Either a Monk or a sky burial specialist cut up the body, broke the bones, and laid the pieces out so that vultures could eat them. The majority of the Buddhists see this Buddhist funeral service as the last gift to earth, and also a means of highlighting the insignificance and temporality of our earthly life as well as the final act of charity in which the deceased aids in feeding the vultures. Prayers are offered for the deceased at different stages after death, sometimes 30 days, 49 days, or a year later.
Peacefulness, serenity, & calmness are considered basic virtue in Buddhist culture. Relatives will place images of Buddha and flowers around the room to keep the individual peaceful in the face of death. This not only creates a quiet, serene environment, but it also helps to keep the focus on religious ideas and good acts.
The Theravada Buddhists believe that rebirth is an immediate process that starts right after a person dies. A shrine with the deceased person's photo and an image of the Buddha, surrounded by candles, flowers, and fragrance, is used in Theravada Buddhist funeral rituals. Relatives of the deceased give charity to Monks for a positive reincarnation of the dead. The Monk leads the funeral service and offers sermons and chanting for the deceased. The Theravada Buddhists usually cremate the dead bodies; however, diversities within the sect are always there. Some Buddhists bury the dead body instead.
When a person dies, it is thought not to hurt or even touch the body for at least a few hours. Buddhists have a strong belief that when the soul leaves the body, the rebirth & reincarnation phase takes place immediately. So for a successful transition of an individual into his new life, one should leave the deceased for a few hours. Few other Buddhists also believed to leave the deceased for about 72 hours for a successful transition into a new life.
Traditionally the body is cremated or buried after 3-4 days of the funeral day. There is a strong belief in donating organs after death in Buddhist funeral Rituals so that it might be helpful for the needy as well as it might help in positive reincarnation of the donor. So it is preferred that the medical examiner should wait for 3 or 4 days until the soul left the body.
Funeral Packages provided by Singapore Funeral Companies
Death has its meaning in every culture and religion. Some mourn the death of their loved ones for days or even years and couldn't able to cope up with the loss, while others might not take it as a dull and depressing moment rather they celebrate the life of the deceased instead of mourning over the loss. For some death is an escape from all the evil spirits and that the soul gets freedom after leaving the body. For this purpose, funerals are organized to pay tribute to the departed souls. In this regard, people look for the most reliable and trustworthy funeral packages provided by funeral Services Companies, being aware of all the insecurities.
Singapore Funeral companies provide various Funeral packages to all the diverse religions residing in Singapore assuring them to fulfill all their requirements and basic needs at the most reasonable and economical rates. Below are listed Funeral packages offered by Singapore Funeral company services;
- Buddhist funeral packages: Starting from $ 4800 for a three-day funeral to a standard of $ 6300 for five days funeral ceremony, Singapore funeral Service Company offers affordable Buddhist Funeral Packages that include all the essential and general needs of the Buddhist community. We offer the best services in Singapore assuring you to provide a premium setup like table cloth, seat covers which will add positive energy to the atmosphere. Moreover, no extra or hidden charges are there. Furthermore, from collecting body to providing conveyance to its customers, quality casket for carrying and viewing the dead to the premium arrangements made at the wake, hiring monks for chanting prayers to fulfilling all the basic needs such as food, mobile toilets, etc, and Singapore Funeral service will provide maximum ease to its clients.
- Taoist Funeral Packages: Starting from reasonable rates of $7500 for a 3-day funeral and standard rates of $8500 for a five-day funeral is the most affordable funeral Package any funeral service company could offer. Depending on the ethnicity and backgrounds of our clients, different dialect groups may require different Taoist funeral services; it can be carried out based on the Hokkien, Teo chew, Cantonese, Hainanese, or the Hakka funeral rites. Singapore Funeral Services Company is highly aware of these terms and conditions, therefore, we also have a wealth of experience accumulated over the years, hence, we can offer the most suitable and appropriate Taoist funeral package to our Singapore Chinese Taoist clients. Furthermore, collecting the body to morgue or cremation center and providing conveyance to customers, quality casket for carrying and viewing the dead to the premium arrangements made at the wake, hiring monks for chanting prayers to fulfilling all the basic needs such as food, mobile toilets are all included in Taoist Funeral packages with no additional or hidden charges.
- Catholic funeral packages: starting from the most affordable rates of $4000 for a three-day funeral and economical rates of $4700 for five-day practices, Singapore Funeral Service Company looks promising. A premium wooden casket with a glass viewing, collection of body and providing conveyance facility to its customers, premium arrangements made at the funeral, fulfilling all the essential and basic needs of its customers such as food and drink, mobile toilets, table chairs, and lighting set up, with additional funeral photography service is provided to make it a memorable and honorary farewell to the departed soul.
- Christian funeral packages: Starting from $4,000for a 3 days funeral, $4,350 for a 4 days funeral, and $4,700 for a 5 days Most of all, our Christian Funeral Packages pricing system is very transparent. It includes A premium wooden casket with a glass viewing, collection of body and providing conveyance facility to its customers, premium arrangements made at the funeral, fulfilling all the essential and basic needs of its customers such as food and drink, mobile toilets, table chairs, and lighting set up, with additional funeral photography service with no additional and hidden charges.
- Soka Funeral Packages: starting from 3 days funeral at $4,000 and 5 days funeral at $4,700, Singapore funeral Services are most economical. The funeral package includes dressing and casketing the body, providing conveyance facility to its customers, the premium set up at casket area, fulfilling all the essential and basic needs of its customers such as food and drink, mobile toilets, table chairs, and lighting set up with no additional and hidden charges.
- Repatriation funeral Packages: depending upon inbound or outbound Repatriation Services, Singapore Funeral Service company provides economical services starting from SGD 2,000 onwards. The funeral package includes collection of body from home, paperwork to acquire coffin, handling all logistics to send the body back home, air-conditioned parlor with custom clearance, a translator to communicate with the grieved family, Freight Charges and Airway Bill to ship human remains, authentication of all required documents for airport and airline clearance.